Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

Hi everybody!
    Here I am on the Easter holyday…I’m tired fo working on the car…but is almost done. I hope the car will be ready soon! At least It is working, it brakes and I’ve tried it…almost 2 years since the beginning of the resto.
    At this moment there are only small details to finish like the interior, centre console and many many more other parts…some are on its way!
    Aside a broken windshield, a broken door during the assembling, it’s time to relax and make everything carefully…this is such a puzzle!!!
    The rubbers got installed and the windshield and hatch were fitted…I had to buy original rubbers…the ones from precision brand weren’t as good as they said! On the rear hatch it misses for 2cm each side, and on the front the gap was huge on the upper right.
    Tuning the hood was easy…but damn…the door latch is tricky as hell!!! It didn’t close until I discover that the inside handle and its main cable has some adjustment. I was desperate to lock the door, the driver’s side only…I hope now all works for life,,,ahahaha…

Let’s wait for the end of the resto…meanwhile…

This was the starting point 1 month ago, last time I worked on it

Centre console

Changing shop…

The day was very cloudy and even the car is outside, the colour doesn’t shine as it should be…

L24 on the way…

Easy…right…

Then we assemble the differential, fluids, bolts and substitute all the rubbers.

Final result…but the starter will be replaced…this one is stopping once in a while…

The electric system…now getting back to 71…I think the car is very happy…agagagag

The seat belts…

The vent ducts were missing when I bought the car…now they are part of the car again.

These rubber caps were made by my father….they are better than the original…

The splash is awesome…a great detail…

The windshields….

On the front…

Hatch…

People that collaborated during the process…

Windshield wipers are now working…awesome…

Top cowl grill got installed too…

The side lids…

Final results…

Tuning the hood with new stoppers..

Hood tuning…what a hard task!!!

Final result…

The car is almost ready…I bet tomorrow will be just missing the interior…for sure I’ll be driving it…

Hope you enjoy these last works on the car…

Cumps.
    Mário

Commentaire

Commentaire

• datsunbat
        datsunbat a commenté
        Modifier le commentaire
        Thank you!! Soon will be ready to ride!

Elle est pas belle la vie ?

Commentaire

• datsunbat
        datsunbat a commenté
        Modifier le commentaire
        Thank you!!! It's almost...one month and is finished...I suppose!!

Great!!!!!
      I wil be happy to ride to Spa with such a beauty!!! I am speaking of the car!!!
      Moi:
      Datsun 260Z 2+2 1976 rouge peugeot 405 MI16
      Datsun 180B 1977 Grise

Commentaire

• datsunbat
        datsunbat a commenté
        Modifier le commentaire
        Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately we canceled the ride to SPA. But we will meet in some other meeting, that's for sure!

There will be plenty of oportunities to share our cars...true!!! If you come to Portugal please let me know! OK!

Regards

Hi again!
      The car runs and drives very good…but I’m moving it to another shop for the last details.
      The tunings will not be deep, but will consist in verifying the electrical system with the addition of new connectors, recovering a corner on the dash, applying the centre console, tuning the front bumpers and correcting the leather parts on the back!
      The wheels will be recovered into the original charcoal colour!
      These works will make the car looks better and will make me rest fine…I’m tired of waiting…

Let’s go to the works:

Interior glass trim.

Hood latch

Almos tone hour to aplly the mirror…

Gearbox insulator applied…

New interiors…worked very good!!!

Some details…

The plate gate arrived and was apllied.

I state the fuel rail wasn’t the correct for the 71 generation…so, I applied a correct one!

Some more details…

Here is the result befere went home!

Filling up the tank…so great…

At home…near the 510 SSS

Hope you liked it…let’s wait 15 days to get it completely done!!!

Regards
      Mário

Commentaire

• Scorpion93
        Scorpion93 a commenté
        Modifier le commentaire
        I love it! And in blue... hummm.

great Mario

nearly finished now?
      ========================================
      D'un Z qui veut dire...

Commentaire

Hi friends,
        The Z is still on the mechanic, I think this year, 2019, will finish the resto! I hope!!!ahahahha
        The ca ris almost done, the exceptions are related to some metal work and the systems that have to be revisioned like the brake system, fuel system. The interiors need some detail attention and that’s it…sound a bit like quick things, but it’s not!
        But the car already has the MOT and left the garage for a marriage…ahahahah…
        Let’s see the photos…

Regards
        Mário

The car waiting for the original wheels…still watanabe…

Preparing the centre caps for the Kobe Seiko wheels…

Changing to the original shape!

MOT…nothing to say…zero problems…

Arriving home, 5:00 AM…and what a ride…tons of problems… hard rain, fog and tons of waterplanning…

Waiting for the married friends…

And the bride’s kidnaping…ahahahahah

Hope you enjoyed the ongoings, because the end of the resto is coming! Cheers!!!

Commentaire

Thanks for the news! Very nice job finished as a Christmas wonderfull gift!
          Be carefull with the weather conditions and heavy rain: We have the same here in France.
          Merry Christmas and happy new year!!

Commentaire

Envoyé par datsunbat Voir le message
            Hi everybody!

Thanks a lot for yor feed-back. I’ve got some news and that’s why I’m here again.
            Last Tuesday I went to Mr.vitorino shop and started do dismantle the Z…honestly I thought it was a dificult task, but it wasn’t…well, only in some little details.
            The ca ris in excellent shape as photos will show…I guess this car was restored or deep painted some years ago.
            Next week We’ll have at least one door rebuilt, below the doors and inside need some intervention.
            Here are some photos…

Rear window acquisition…the car has the horizontal defrost lines and aren’t the correct…I found one vertical and job done…a few years ago I bought one in the USA and came broken…never bought or find anoter one..they are getting rare this days!!!

The beggining…

Door parts ready for the treatment…Nickel plating

Rear floor…not bad!!! I got scared, but fortunately the brown zone is glue…no rust…

Door ready for Mr.Vitorino!

Original floor carpet…but has to be removed!!!

Rear luggage accomodation in excelente shape

And now the surprise…the original blue…It can only be seen on some detailed parts..this is one!

Replacemente tyre floor…not bad…no rust…

The seats will be rédone, but I will only take care of the parts that are completely off…

No plastic cover…but I have 2 here…offered by a mate!!!

Passenger side floor…the usual…46 years and some bad treatment…the reason…the jack tool…but Mr.vitorino said that’s a part to be redone…

Drivers side floor…the usual again…but this one has no concerns…ist’s 75% good…a little intevention. By the end we will apply some Soundproofing board to avoid rust and noise.
            Rachat de crédit plus rallonge argent

My helper keeping all the bolts in place!

Under the plate no surprises!!!!

Datsun logo temporarily off…

In my opinion this s the exact moment to restore the car…it has some details that need intervention, and now that he has no rust holes and unrestorable parts the process will be much easier.

Hope you like it…next week some more news!!!

grapataz - The car is a 240Z not a 260Z 2+2 - Monte gordr is excellent to spend some holidays...you were near 6 Datsun 240Z in Faro...ehehehe...next time you came to Portugal text me!

gil2clair - No problem...the images will show the progress!!!

hub280ZX - I don´t think so. Perhaps February or March next year! Depends on the work at the painting shop. Metal work will be fast I suppose...next year we manage it!!!

Scorpion93 - I really like the actual blue...but the original will let the Z original...that's the reason!

Regards
            Mário
            Hello, I know it is a bit old, but I have a quick question about this Mr.vitorin shop, thank you for your return.

Commentaire

Chargement...
            X