Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

Hi again!
    Here I am with some fresh news and photos.
    The metal work is on a great speed and this week the doors were finished.
    This week I think the rear and cowl grill will be finished too.
    The doors gave us some trouble and we had to send them to sandblast to clean the metal, not the panel, but the interior. By the end a new panel was used. The drivers door was in bad shape, worst than the passenger side.
    On Saturday we remove the symbols, rear spoiler and rear lights. Only the bumper remain.
    I hope the rear and front are better than the doors…
    Let’s see the photos!

Doors and interior separated…

Doors ready. The green painting is a spray to protect the metal for the rust.

Mr.Vitorino looking for some rust…ahahahah

This was a corner of one door…tons of rust…

Under the cowl grill the scenery is good. I was a little bit worried about it…true..but Mr.Vitorino said that’s ok…the surprise is next…

Under the grill…

The grill had to high pointson both sides, like a screw, but…it wasn’t what we thought…
    Somebody before had covered the rust on the panel with iron mass and hammered the rust point down. With time the mass began to crack…and the result was this…

Mr.Vitorino immediatly started to work and found tons of rust!

All this marerial, like a spounge, hide the rust!

Again the original blue!

The spoiler removed and a cracked srew…

The bumper is not for my serie, I’ll remove it…only the enter is needed!

I’ll use charcoal colour to paint the structures…

Again the original blue and the rear door in excellent shape!!! No intervention needed!

My homework is now recover the symbols and clean some parts.

Mr. Vitorino trying to get the rear lights…not an easy task!

Hope you enjoyed the photos.
    Next weekend I’ll try to get some more!

grapatax - Thanks a lot. Here they are...some fresh photos! Next week it will more!!!

jizial - Thanks a lot. Hope it will be a nice resto project. I love metal work!

Regards
    Mário

Commentaire

Mario, your pictures are great,...keep going; keep going!
      ERD
      260 Z 2+2 (la guepe)

Commentaire

Hi folks,
        I’ve got some more news!
        Yesterday I’ve been in Mr.Vitorino garage, and I found my Z with another 2 parts finished. The cowl rill and the rear.
        This means that soon he will be repairing the floors and front, I believe in one month for the metal work and then painting.
        Soon I’ll take out the engine and gear-box to make the treatment and finish the metal work.
        I’ve already started to separate some parts for the chrome and some to recover at home.
        The cowl grill had to be redone in the extremities but now the part is new. And the rear was our big problem!!! The rear lights have never been removed and all the bolts were in bad shape, some we had to waste because were corroded.

Let’s see the photos for you to see all the advances!

This was redone because of the rust on the rear. The worst part was above the lights.

This part was severe…but now rédone!

The cowl grill is redone now…

And again the original blue in two separated parts of the car.

My Homework…

Hope you have enjoyed the photos and the work until now!
        Next week more news!

Grapatax: Thanks a lot!!! They are excellent to see all details when we want to restore and have some doubts.

Regards
        Mário

Commentaire

Hi everybody,
          After one month break, the works have returned.
          Today we have been dismantling the sidewings, grill, lights, bumpers and soo n. All went well, but srews are evil…I hate them a lot…some broke and were in hard position to took.
          Until now I was on the Z book searching just for the srews. I want them new!!!1
          I thought the Z was na easy car do disassemble, but it isn’t!!! Too many tricks.
          This week the works go to the sides of the car as you’ll see on the pictures!
          Hope you still like them!

A ViZit…eheheh

Hood, bumper and grill…no difficulties…

The grill

Then surprises…

The original paint showed up again…

The super horns…I don’t even know what model they belog…not Datsun for shure!

And it looked like this…

Side wings and lights..major problems with the screws…horrible!!! All went rust and some broke!!!

The surprise…

What a big hole…

The battery corner is rusty too…

All stripped…

Right side in good shape…needs a cleaning…but srews are evil…more than an hour…

Superficial rust…some luck here!!!

Down the door is possible the worst part of the right side.

Some appointments to do…nothing special!

We took the car to the lifter to check all the issues we discovered…well…need deep metal work on the left side!

Left side…

Right side…

~

These wings just need cleaning work!

And this last photo for today…bolts with story…46 precisely…but very stubborns

Hope you enjoyed the work so far…

grapatax: Thanks a lot! I believe next week I will have some more news with photos!

jizial: I want to avoid removing the dash, I talk some people and it's very difficult to put it on its place. Let's see. But will be a challenge!!!

Regards
          Mário

Commentaire

Super Mario

Commentaire

Hi everybody...

another week and some more work to show...some surprises, the usual I think and some really bad news...hey after all she's 47...

Today I went Mr.Vitorino shop only to check the work and see what parts and pieces are in need for the next couple of weeks.

During the week we talked each other on the phone...always bad news...welll...ain't that bad...I think...

The good news are the fenders, they are now ready to fix the car...they were in good conditionsm only where the bolts screw were interventionated. Then all the passenger floor was re-done, the exception is in the back, small rust to clean, notheing to worry.

The bad news, the passenger floor completely ruined...I was really impressed, never thought of it!!! And it looks like someone had done some previous work too. Now I've to buy the entyre part. The water channel was started too and a hand-made part will substitute it,

We took the engine and gearbox and nothing to worry, even the fireguard is in excellent condition...amazing but it is...Now we've to recover the colours for the air filter and engine. I'll make some work on it this week...let's see what happens.

Let's check the photos...

Arriving the shop...

Passenger side...done...the exception is in the place where Mr.Vitorino has his hands.

Driver's side...ruined...but behind the seat rails is excellent...really odd...

This is in excellent shape

Fenders ready fot the painting...

Chanel on work...

The front needs some attention...nothing serious...I think!

Now another discovery...the original blue again...

[/img]https://s10.postimg.org/494bkznt5/IMG_20180203_120030.jpg[/img]

Engine and gearbox...nothing to worry...luckily,,,

And that's it for now!!!

This week I'll have some more news...

Hope you enjoy it!!!

Grapatax: Thanks a lot! This week I'll have some more fresh news...hope this Z became a great car!

jizial - Thanks a lot. In the beggining nothing of this was supposed to happen...the car looked really cool and not this amount of work to do...now It will deserve a 100% resto...

The Phoenix: Thanks a lot. I'm enjoying the resto, but I thought it wasn't in need that deep...lucky to restore it now or I'll have a problem in the near future!
              Regards

Mário
              Dernière modification par datsunbat, 04 février 2018, 01h28.

Commentaire

• Scorpion93
                Scorpion93 a commenté
                Modifier le commentaire
                Indeed hidden work always... good luck and lot of courage!

Mario
              will be again near by faro this summer, will contact you in MP to see if we could meet and ,...go a a beer ,..or two!
              keep going with your pictures

cheers
              ERD
              260 Z 2+2 (la guepe)

Commentaire

Hi everybody!

It seems all imagens were lost…It might be a problem on postimage…really don’t know…I’ll start from last works on car.
                It’s been raining hard these days in Portugal, and the cold didn’t allowed Mr.Vitorino to work on the car because of his desease…but we are back…
                The news…the car will be to the paint shop within 2 weeks…and next week will be finished for shure! It’s just take out the windshields, brake pump and clutch pump, fuel tank and all the tubes!!!
                But now the work on the car…

New floor…just one side was needed…an not all…

Preparint to cut…

It was ruined…

New one…

Finishing it…

The ledt side just needed some labour on the back, because the front was already done!

The original colour…very cool!!!

All the front finished
                Before, but with some treatment by the time…

And ready….

There was missing a part here,,,Mr.Vitorino made a new one!

Things to do…

And we all star the mechanical part…new parts arrive…

Meanwhile they arrive and put in place…

Cleaning parts…

I need a new fuel pump…but i think Ican get one new…I haven’t search for it!

Electric system waint to be revised,,,

MR.Vitorino completely exhaust…

See you nest week…Z

Hope you enjoyed it…next week I’ll put some more upgrades!

Regards
                Mário

Commentaire

Grapatax-Awesome! Please feel free to contact me! I live on the center of Portugal, near Spain...text me and we'll meet! OK!!!

Regards
                  Mário

Commentaire

Hi again!
                    On the last 3 weeks we have finished the Z…it’s so nice to see the car ready to paint…there are some minor details to solve, but not metal work, only disassemble some parts.
                    These weeks were hard…every time we thought the car was done another hole and rust appeared, so we decided to clean the metal until the last bit of paint…I’m talking about the floor…damn…completely rusty….now is new…
                    The engine is in the rebuilding process and I haven’t got pictures…maybe next week…
                    Meanwhile is just waiting for the paintig day.
                    Windows, fuel lines and brake lines will be removed within 15 days!
                    Hope you enjoy the progresso….let’s see the photos!

Floor…no words…

Final result…so nice!!!

Behind the seats…

Front floor and the battery frame…the battery flame will be fixed tomorrow…but it seems long time ago someone made a repair on it!

Someone open a hole…crazy maniascs…so…let’s cover it…

Gone…

The mudflaps holes were covered too…they will no longer be used…
                    The back of the car was in bad shape too…minor dents…but needed some repair!!!

No holes….yeah!!!!

Now some photos…

The oil pan is in great shape, just needs to be painted grey…the colour is not bad….

Mr.Vitorino focused…

No doubts…903 blue…

Warriors relax…

Now we will wait 15 days…and deliver it for painting…

Hope you still enjoying it!!

Regards
                    Mário

Commentaire

Nice progress!!!
                      Moi:
                      Datsun 260Z 2+2 1976 rouge peugeot 405 MI16
                      Datsun 180B 1977 Grise

Commentaire

Hi,

I'm back with fresh news!

Here is the car after the painting job!!!

It looks awesome!!! I'm very happy with the results!!!

The colour is the original...I´m waiting for the final result!!!

The comparison...

Regards

Mário

Commentaire

Great Mario ! what Paint reference did you use? I like that color remains me the paint job on my 280Z. Beautifull blue !!!
                          Scorpion93, Sodeskhahhh , 280Z d'origine, 126 000 miles moteur refait a priori il y a 26 000 miles. Pour rappel origine Mercedes

SLK 200K de 2005 (privé)
                          Classe C de 2011 (taff)

Commentaire

The hole you have closed on the rear valance (you say :someone open a hole -crazy maniacs) is original and factory made on all European 240Z .
                            It is used to run the the small electrical harness which is connected to the two lights located on the rear bumper to lit up the number plate.
                            Other market 240Z does not have it as the number plate lighting is located above the rear number plate.

Nice job on your 240Z, same color than mine.

Commentaire

• Scorpion93
                              Scorpion93 a commenté
                              Modifier le commentaire
                              what paint reference?

Really beautiful!!!
                            Moi:
                            Datsun 260Z 2+2 1976 rouge peugeot 405 MI16
                            Datsun 180B 1977 Grise

Commentaire

Chargement...
                            X